Hello! Thank you for taking a look at my website. I’m a homes and garden writer and I’ve spent the past 14 years working for consumer magazines. I’m currently the Editor of Houzz and a homes and interiors columnist for the Metro newspaper. My debut book Happy by Design: How to Create a Home That Boosts Your Health and Happiness, was published in June 2018 (Available on Amazon) and I’m currently working on my second book. Find out more about my books here.
Over the years I’ve written about everything from celebrity homes to the latest design trends and even pirate islands and the finer points of sliced bread. I’ve interviewed a great bunch of people, from Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsay, to Kevin McCloud and Liz Hurley (not all at the same time!) and I’ve presented craft videos for a range of clients including Housetohome, Hobbycraft and Marks & Spencer.
- Named one of the Top 100 Interior Design Bloggers by Novus Homes 2018
- Named one of the Most Influential People on Twitter by Decorex in 2014
- Shortlisted in the Best Craft & DIY blog in 2016 category in the Amara Interior Blog Awards
- Nominated in the Best Craft & DIY blog in 2015 category in the Amara Interior Blog Awards
- Named one of the Top 100 Craft Bloggers of 2014
- Part of the Winning Housetohome Team in 2012 for Website of the Year at the IPC Media Awards.