Hello! Thank you for taking a look at my website. I’m a homes and garden writer and I’ve spent the past 14 years working for consumer magazines and websites. I’m currently the Editor of Houzz and a homes and interiors columnist for the Metro newspaper.
My debut book Happy by Design: How to Create a Home That Boosts Your Health and Happiness, was published in June 2018 (Available on Amazon) and I’m currently working on my second book. Find out more about my books here.
Over the years I’ve written about everything from celebrity homes to pirate islands and decorating trends to decluttering. I’ve interviewed a great bunch of people including Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsay, Kevin McCloud and Liz Hurley (not all at the same time!) and I’ve presented craft videos for a range of clients including Housetohome, Hobbycraft and Marks & Spencer. I was on the judging panel of the Evening Standard Home Design Awards 2018 and love to explore how great design can transform small spaces.
I’m a firm believer in living simply and finding ways to create bright, happy spaces that look after our wellbeing. I’m passionate about the healing power of nature to boost our mental health and happiness and I think good home design should have nature, simplicity and wellbeing at its heart.
- Named one of the Top 100 Interior Design Bloggers by Novus Homes 2018
- Named one of the Most Influential People on Twitter by Decorex in 2014
- Shortlisted in the Best Craft & DIY blog in 2016 category in the Amara Interior Blog Awards
- Nominated in the Best Craft & DIY blog in 2015 category in the Amara Interior Blog Awards
- Named one of the Top 100 Craft Bloggers of 2014
- Part of the Winning Housetohome Team in 2012 for Website of the Year at the IPC Media Awards.